Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Kenneth C. Swan was the first full-time paid head of a clinical department at the University of Oregon Medical School when he joined the faculty as Professor and Chair of the Department of Ophthalmology in June 1944. A 1936 graduate of the School, Swan left the state to intern at the University of Wisconsin. He then took a residency at the University of Iowa and spent three years on the faculty there before returning to Oregon. In these interviews, Dr. Swan looks back on sixty years of the School‘s history and his own distinguished career in ophthalmology.
Transcript of oral history interview with Kenneth C. Swan, conducted on August 18, August 19, and September 2, 1997 by Joan Ash
School of Medicine
All materials are owned by OHSU Library. You may use these materials on a fair use basis only, in accordance with Title 17, Section 107 of U.S. copyright law. For other uses, please contact OHSU Historical Collections & Archives for permission to reproduce, publish, or otherwise distribute images or other materials on this website. Information release form signed by interviewer(s) and interviewee(s) on 1997-10-09. On file in OHSU Historical Collections and Archives.
Swan, Kenneth C. (interviewee) and Ash, Joan (interviewer), "Interview with Kenneth C. Swan" (1997). Oral History Collection. 13.